WeeCare (Children's House) Starts this Week
Week Hours & Costs per child:
- 7:30am to 8:30am - $5.00
- 3:30pm to 4:00pm - $5.00
- 4:00pm to 4:30pm - $5.00
- 4:30pm to 5:00pm - $5.00
- Pre-K & Kindergarten will be in the Children's House Commons
- walk your child into door #1 and proceed to the Children's House commons
- A logging-in/logging-out system will be used at each use for each child
- Families will be billed quarterly
If you plan to use our WeeCare system regularly, please click here to register.
If you will just be using our WeeCare sparingly, there is no need to register. By your student signing in each time they use it, your family will be billed accordingly.
- Registration ends September 30th
- if you miss the registration deadline, or decide later that you do need to use either program regularly, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are offering before school PlayCare for students in 1st-6th grade.
Time: 8:00am - 8:30am.
Cost: $5.00 per child
Location: HIH Gymnasium
- please walk your child to the exterior gym door facing the HIH parking lot & nock and a PlayCare staff member will let you in
Until staffing can be found, we are not offering after school PlayCare at this time.
If you feel you have a gifting and would love to mentor kiddos, we would love to have you as a part of our HIH PlayCare team! Click here for more information and how to apply!
P.E. Teacher needed
Hand In Hand is still looking for a PE teacher for our 1st through 6th grade classes. This is a 10 hour a week position with classes being held on Tuesday afternoon, all day Wednesday, and Thursday afternoon. If you know of anyone who might be interested in this position, please have them apply here.
Hand In Hand Parent Facebook Page
Did you know that Hand in Hand has a parent-led Facebook page?
This page is designed to be a space to build community with HIH families, share resources, receive school closure notifications as well as find out what’s happening next within community connections.
Here's how to find it:
Can’t wait to “see” you there!
- search “Hand In Hand Community."
- click “join"
- answer the questions to become a member of the group
Coffee Connect is a support and education group for parents involved in the Hand in Hand Homeschool Hybrid program. We meet twice a month to build community, share homeschooling ideas and support each other as we disciple our children in the ways of Jesus. September's topic is "Setting up Your Homeschool for Success!". We will be hearing from Jean Schmidt, Director of Family Education & Engagement. She will share all her tips for planning your homeschool year, structuring your days and keeping your enthusiasm for the homeschooling journey. We would love for you to join us!
- Monday meetings are typically for families whose children attend on Monday-Wednesday and will meet on Monday, September 12th
- Friday meetings are typically for families whose children attend on Wednesday-Friday and will meet on Friday, September 16th
- Meetings are held in the Fireside Room, through Door #1, from 8:45-10:30 am
- Childcare provided with RSVP
Future Coffee Connect dates:
Monday-September 26 & October 10
Friday-September 30 & October 14
If you have any questions or would like to RSVP for childcare, contact Kayla Schaap, email@example.com or 952-486-2922.
Coffee Connect Volunteer Opportunity:
The Friday group currently needs an adult for all of the meetings this fall (Sept 16 & 30, Oct 14 & 28, Nov. 11, Dec 2 & 16). The Monday group needs an adult volunteer on Monday, November 28th. The commitment would be from 8:45-10:30 am. Thank-you for considering serving our community in this way! Contact Kayla Schaap with any questions: firstname.lastname@example.org or 952-486-2922.
HIH Safety Measure Reminders
At Hand In Hand we take the safety of your children very serious and strive to do our best everyday with the procedures we have implemented.
Late Arrivals & Early Pick-Ups:
Children's House please use Door #1.
Elementary through CREO please use Door #3.
For a late arrival:
For an early pick-up:
- please have child enter the designated vestibule and buzz the front desk
- once checked in, student(s) may head to their classroom
- please arrive before 3:00pm to your assigned door listed above
- come into the designated vestibule and buzz the front desk
- a staff member will greet you with the sign out clipboard while another staff member is retrieving your child(ren)
- this process must be done in person, please do not call ahead to have your child pulled from class
- If you are having someone other then your child's legal guardians pick-up:
- email Stacy email@example.com who this new pick-up person will be
- inform your new pick-up person that they will need to show their drivers license to match the name on the email. Thank you!
Reporting an Absence:
If your child is not coming to school, please email your child's teacher(s) by the beginning of the school day. Be aware that teachers do not typically check their emails between 8am and 4pm.
Please note: If your child has come down with a communicable disease (ie: strep, pink eye) please notify firstname.lastname@example.org immediately so that a notice can be sent out to your child's class.
For the safety of all of our students at HIH, all medications, no matter how small, will be kept in the HIH Nurse's Station in the medications original container. Click Here to print off the Drop of Medication Form that NEEDS to be filled out and turned in at the same time as the medication.
We cannot administer any medication without this completed paperwork. Thank you!
LAST CALL for revised or additional TADS Family Information
So we can create an accurate '22-'23 HIH School Directory, please email the office if there have been changes to any of the information you originally keyed into your family's TADS account such as:
Please also email the office if:
- phone number
- home address
- you would like to add an additional email for all HIH communication
Curb Side Morning Drop-Off
- CREO students may be dropped off at door #3 between 8:15am - 8:35am
- Elementary students may be dropped off at door #5 between 8:30am - 8:45am
- Please watch to be sure your children are able to enter the building
- Door #5 locks at 8:45am
- After 8:45am, please drop off at door #3 for the child to be checked in with the office
- Children's House students may be dropped off at door #1 between 8:30am - 8:45am
- Door #1 locks at 8:45am
- If no teacher is present when dropping off, you must park and walk your child in through door #1 to be checked in by the front desk staff
After School Pick Up Procedures
If picking up only Children's House students (Door #1):
- Pick-Up begins at 3:10pm.
- If you only have children in Children's House, you can bypass the Elementary line and go directly into the Children's House pick-up line.
- You will be receiving a family name card to display in your car window so teachers can efficiently get children into the correct vehicles.
- Keep pulling forward as the teachers direct you.
- For safety, please stay in your vehicle- teachers will help your child/ren get in the vehicle if they need assistance.
If picking up only Elementary students (Door #5):
If picking up CREO students:
- Pick-up begins at 3:15pm
- Have your lime green family number card in the passenger window
- We are only loading students between the tall orange cone outside the elementary entrance and the crosswalk - please do not open your door until you enter the loading zone. A teacher will dismiss your children to you there.
- Keep pulling forward as teachers direct you
- Stay in your vehicle - teachers can help your child/ren get in the vehicle if they need assistance.
- If you would like to park and walk up to pick up your children, please cross at the crosswalk and wait behind the orange rope for a teacher to bring your child/ren to you.
- When leaving the elementary line, you must turn right and bypass the Children's House pick-up line.
- Pick-Up begins at 3:20pm
- You may pick them up in the Elementary pick- up line OR
- You may park in the middle of the east lot or on McCarrons Blvd and have your CREO student come to your parked car.
- There is no curbside pick-up outside door #3. Please do not park there as Children's House pick-up happens along that that lane.
- When leaving your parking spot, you must turn right and bypass the Children's House pick-up line
**For families with children in both Children's House and Elementary:**
- Pick up your Children's House child first and then get back in line for your elementary child.
Please give a green family number card (Children's House family name card) to anyone who is picking up your child (excluding CREO students). If you are not able to give them the number/name card ahead of time, please email email@example.com to let us know who is picking up your child. The new driver will then be asked to show their driver's license in the pick-up line.
Click here to see a aerial map of the traffic flow we would like to happen in our parking lot for both Drop-off & Pick-up.
Parents, if you purchase labels at Mabel's Labels Hand In Hand gets 20% back!!