Christmas at the River
In preparation for the CREO Chapel at Hand In Hand Christian Montessori, I explained the story of Ruth to Mr. Damian Leverett, our new Musical Theatre Arts specialist. ( For more information on his career and credentials please click here or find past performances with the Gamble Family and Michael Pearce Donnely).
I told him of our thread throughout all the Chapels this year of the “Crossing the Jordan.” I asked him to create something with the students tying the story of Ruth into the story of Christmas.
And that he did. Click here to read on.........
Hand In Hand West
Dear HIH Families,
We have grown as a beautiful community over the past twenty-two years and celebrate the successful journey we have experienced with one school on two campuses with over 300 active learners. We appreciate your commitment through our desert season and now, flooded plains, as we have endured 2020 and a world-wide pandemic. Together, we have not only survived but thrived.
This year we are "crossing the Jordan" together and taking the land that God is giving to us. This is both spiritually and physically. We thought it was limited to the spaces we knew - but God is opening new doors, new territory, and new opportunities for us.
The Board of Directors and the Strategic Core Leadership have prayerfully considered and are in process of acquiring a new educational endeavor in Wayzata, launching a third Campus called Hand In Hand West this January 2021. We recognize that this expansion provides an opportunity for more influence, families, territory, and advancement of the Kingdom of God through Christian Montessori.
The campus already has a growing Infant and Toddler NIDO as well as Preschool Casa program with over 50 children. We will be introducing a new Elementary program. Our new Elementary Academy will be designed for 36 learners (ages 6-12 years) serving both homeschooling children and private school students. A full description of this program will be available soon, along with new staff and faculty members.
Please share the good news with family and friends. We covet your prayers and support of our vision and mission as we re-imagine education together!
With inspired anticipation -
Joshua Legband, President, the Board of Directors, and Michelle Thompson, Head of School
Happy Season of Advent!
This past Wednesday our CREO students did an incredible job presenting their own original performance with the assistance of Mr. Damian, HIH CREO Theater Teacher, at our Christmas chapel! If you missed it, you may click here to watch.
Since we were not able to gather in person to take an offering at our chapel, please prayerfully consider supporting Hand In Hand as we advance the Kingdom of God through Christian Montessori by giving a donation through the website - click here or send in a check to:
Hand In Hand Christian Montessori
211 McCarrons Blvd N
Roseville, MN 55113-6923.
Our annual report, coming soon, highlights our new powerful partnership with Godtown. Your donations and support towards the Annual Fund expand opportunities for children in Frogtown to attend Hand In Hand Christian Montessori and for God to change the trajectory of their destinies. Thank you for being of part of the work God is doing through Hand In Hand to transform learners, families and generations to come.
Thank you and blessings!
The Advancement Team
Paid and Volunteer Opportunities at Hand In Hand
- A Hand In Hand family is looking for a 1:1 para for their 5-year-old daughter attending Wednesday through Friday. Her para would work closely with her two kindergarten teachers, allowing her to complete work independently while assisting with co-regulating her emotions and helping her with peer interactions. The job would start January 27 and end on May 28 (8:45-3:15). This is a paid position. If interested, please contact Sue Shields at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Part-time math assistant in CREO. Days: Tuesday-Thursday. Hours TBD. This is a paid position. If interested, please contact Sue Shields at email@example.com
- Volunteer Work Projects over Christmas Break and into January. If you are interested in volunteering to help with a variety of jobs around our building over the course of the next month, please contact Chris Berg at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Volunteer Positions for Lunch/Recess monitor for elementary students from 12:00-1:00pm every week day - If interested, please contact Sue Shields at email@example.com
- Volunteer Receptionist/Librarian - days and hours TBD - If interested, please contact Sue Shields at firstname.lastname@example.org