Special News And Potpourri
A Message from HIH Head of School
We live in a broken world and therefore, there's always rebuilding to do. Since being banished from Eden, the cycle of brokenness and reconciliation has been apart of the human story. In my own life, my father-in-law suffered a severe brain injury 26 days ago and through prayer and grace of God, not only survived but is beginning acute therapy. He is rebuilding through speech, occupational and physcial therapy. His road of recovery starts today. In the life of our school, the Roseville campus has undergone a major rebuilding and restoring project. Over 52 weeks of demoliation and remodeling. The building was deemed useless and was destined from destruction. With the help of our God, we rebuilt. It is never too late for a new beginning. Here's what rebuilder's do....click here to continue reading.
Volunteer and Employment Opportunities at HIH
For interest in any of these positions, please contact Amy Wass at email@example.com
- Monday or Fridays packaging snacks for classrooms anytime between 9-3 - Ms. Bev would feel so helped by an extra few sets of hands to prepare snacks for the classrooms. This year has added an extra burden to her time and we'd love to help her. If you are able to help bag snacks on Mondays or Fridays you can call the office and we will connect you.
- Monday, Thursday, or Friday NIDO desk support anytime between the hours of 9-3 - our NIDO desk needs someone to sit and answer miscellaneous phone calls, retrieve children and let guests in as needed. It would be a very quiet space to read, work or pray in between any other needs. Even a couple hours a day at these times would be so helpful. We would ask that it be a consistent time each week so we know when we might need to fill in.
- Substitute Teachers - on call - we are looking for anyone in our HIH community that has a teaching degree or applicable teaching experience that would like to be put on a list to substitute in our classrooms as the need arises this year. This would be a paid position and would require a small amount of training.
- Kitchen Assistant Prep Cook - Tuesday and Thursday from 7:30am-2:30pm assisting Ms. Bev. Experience in food preparation essential with ability to be consistently at work. Position would start October 5 with some training provided that week.
- After school care for children ages 3-6 Monday-Friday - 3:15-5:15. Age 16 or older with a valid drivers license for background check. Would be a great after school job for a high school age student and we would take referrals should you know someone.
Join Us For Chapel!
Wednesday September 30th
Time: 8:50am to 9:20am
Celebrate God's goodness with us via Zoom as the Kappa 2 students help lead our first '20-'21 Chapel.
Join Zoom Meeting:
Meeting ID: 318 516 0129
2019-2020 Yearbooks for Sale
We had a Yearbook fairy gift us with extra 2019-2020 yearbooks.
If you did not have a chance to order one and wished you had, here is your chance!
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to place an order!
General Mills' beloved Box Tops for Education program is going online!
Our school can earn extra money now if you:
I liked cutting and pasting the old box-tops, but I like the app even better. It's easy, and I get a kick out of watching my Hand In Hand dollars grow.
And if General Mills wants to see what's on my grocery receipts, it's no skin off my nose. I don't care if the whole world knows of my love of all things lime, cilantro, or dark chocolate.
Box Tops participating products are worth $.10 each (or more if there is a promotion). Twice a year, our school receives a check to help your students get the best Christian Montessori education we can provide.
Again, use this referral code R5UV1SRY when you sign up and you’ll get 50 Bonus Box Tops when you scan your first receipt! Download the Box Tops for Education app here: https://btfe.smart.link/c2jjdifkw?referral_code=R5UV1SRY
For a list of participating products, click this link: https://www.boxtops4education.com/Participating-Products-Page
Thank you for all you do to support our beloved Hand In Hand!
~ Julie DuBois, Finance Administrator
Safety Measures @ HIH
At Hand In Hand we take the safety of your children very serious and strive to do our best everyday with the procedures we have implemented.
Late Arrivals & Early Pick-Ups:
Please use the main entrance by the office (Southeast CREO entrance)
For a late arrival:
For an early pick-up:
- parent and child(ren) come into the vestibule (please remember to wear your mask) and buzz the office
- a staff member will greet you and check to be sure your family has completed your child(s) health screening
- once checked in, student(s) may head to their classroom
- please arrive before 3:00pm
- come into the vestibule (please remember to wear your mask) and buzz the office
- a staff member will greet you with the sign out clipboard while another staff member is retrieving your child(ren)
- this process must be done in person, please do not call ahead to have your child pulled from class
Reporting an Absence:
This year we have moved to having parents directly email the student's teachers of any absences.
With the teachers receiving this information first-hand, it will foster dialogue about any questions to discuss such as topics covered in class or any missed homework.
Please note: If your child has come down with a communicable disease (ie: strep, pink eye) please notify the email@example.com immediately so that a notice can be sent out to your child's class.
For the safety of all of our students at HIH, all medications, no matter how small, will be kept in the HIH Nurse's Station in their original container. Click here to print off the Drop of Medication Form that NEEDS to be filled out and turned in at the same time.
- please park and enter the main office/CREO entrance to deliver the medication to an office staff member
Please Note: We cannot administer any medication without the completed paperwork. Thank you!
Rice and LarpenTOUR EVENT IN OUR NEW NEIGHBORHOOD
This Saturday 9/26 ~ 3:00pm to 7:00pm
Hand In Hand is one of the stops in this event and we’d love to have you, our HIH community, involved. It’s an opportunity to represent Hand In Hand, explore the neighborhood, meet residents and local businesses, and try a variety of cuisine. If you'd like to attend, register here. If you'd like to volunteer, please contact Dayna Taylor at firstname.lastname@example.org.
HIH Extracurricular Opportunities
Fusion Dance Academy:
We are so excited to share with you our newest opportunity through Fusion Dance Academy!
This fall we are offering online dance classes, which opens the doors for students to participate from anywhere, whether in the Twin Cities or even many states away!
We are offering both ballet and tap classes, ages 3 through adult, including an inter-generational beginning tap class for ages 5 through adult!
Click Here for more information.
It's not too late to register - email us for more info, to register this week, or if you have any other questions.
Please help us spread the word to anyone you know in your community, church, family, and friends who may be interested or have children who may be interested.
We are looking forward to another year of growth, fun, and sharing together!
Karene and Mikki
HIH welcomes back Mr. Peter Sterling and his employees who have combined two of his and our favorite things: Jesus + Karate = AMAZING!
- Wednesdays 3:30pm – 4:15pm in the HIH Cafeteria
- participants will wait with their teachers in the pick-up line until a Sterling Karate staff member arrives
- Click Here for more information on how to register and any other questions you have regarding Karate
After School Pick Up Procedures
Thanks for all your cooperation as we learn the new routines of after school pick-up at our new building. Thank you for having your green family number card in the window - that has helped us move things along so well!
If picking up elementary students:
If picking up Children's House students:
- have your green family number card in the passenger window
- let the office know if you need a new one - the green cards let us know you are the right person to pick up your child!
- pull as far forward as possible - as far as the light pole!
- we are only loading students between the tall sign outside the elementary entrance and the light pole - please do not open your door until you enter the loading zone. Your children will be waiting for your children there.
- keep pulling forward as teachers direct you
- stay in your vehicle - teachers can help your child/ren get in the vehicle if they need assistance
- if you have a child in Children's House, pull around the corner after you have picked up your elementary child and enter the CH line
If picking up CREO students:
- If you only have children in Children's House, you can bypass the Elementary line and go directly into the Children's House pick-up line.
- have your green family number card in the passenger window
- Keep pulling forward as the teachers direct you
- Stay in your vehicle- teachers can help your child/ren get in the vehicle if they need assistance
- You may pick them up in the elementary pick- up line OR
- You may park in the east lot and have your CREO student come to your parked car
- There is no longer curbside pick-up outside of the CREO entrance
Please give a green family number card to anyone who is picking up your child. If you aren't able to give them the number ahead of time, please email the office to let them know who is picking up your child. They will then be asked to show their driver's license in the pick-up line.
Since we do not have after school care this year, thank you in advance for having your children picked up by 3:30 so our teachers can get back to their classrooms to prepare for the next school day.
Fan Wear Fridays
An alternative to the standard uniform on Friday, is a variation of the uniform, something we like to call…. FAN WEAR FRIDAY!
This is a chance to show your school spirit, showcase your memories and t-shirts of Hand In Hand events from the past, and have a more relaxed feel on Fridays.
What is acceptable to wear you might ask?
- Bottoms: blue jeans, blue sweatpants, regular navy or khaki pants, skorts, shorts or skirts.
- Tops: any t-shirt that was used in a past HIH event, tournament, sports team, the HIH polar fleece top, HIH fan-wear shirts, or HIH monogrammed sweaters OR your regular uniform shirts—any shirt with a collar in yellow, white or navy.
What is NOT acceptable to wear you might ask?
- Bottoms: that are not either blue or khaki. Ie: pink sweatpants, red leggings, or green pants.
- Tops: sweatshirt or top that does NOT have the HIH logo or printing that shows it is from HIH. Ie: a GAP sweatshirt, or an Old Navy T-shirt, etc.
Of course, you are always welcome to just wear your standard uniform if you prefer.
Watch for upcoming information on how to order HIH apparel from The Designer Stitch.
If you have any questions, please feel free to ask Miss Sue, Roseville Campus Director, or your teacher and they will help you know what a good Fan-Wear Friday choice might be!