Special News And Potpourri
Welcome to the '20-'21 School Year!
Dear Hand In Hand Christian Montessori Families and Children,
You are a special, chosen people who have been called, along with faculty and staff, to cross the proverbial Jordan River together at the start of this new school year 2020-2021. Today, we have 302 Students Learners enrolled on two campuses and 61 Faculty and Staff. We have blessed with a wide age range of children from infancy (two babies) through secondary adolescents (four seniors) in high school as well as hundreds of children in primary and elementary ages. We have people who were here on the start of the first summer camp in 1999 and those who set foot in HIH at the start of this month in 2020. We have a beautiful diverse community of cultures and colors, economic diversity and academic complexities with all different kinds-of-smarts, those with strong Christian faith and some exploring faith for the first time. We are commuting to our two campuses from many of the 100 suburbs found in the Twin Cities. We are many! We are a wonderful, chosen, hand-picked community! We are all very different.
But, we have at least one thing in common – perspective. Click Here to read more.......
Safety Measures @ HIH
At Hand In Hand we take the safety of your children very serious and strive to do our best everyday with the procedures we have implemented.
Late Arrivals & Early Pick-Ups:
Please use the main entrance by the office (Southeast CREO entrance)
For a late arrival:
For an early pick-up:
- parent and child(ren) come into the vestibule (please remember to wear your mask) and buzz the office
- a staff member will greet you and check to be sure your family has completed your child(s) health screening
- once checked in, student(s) may head to their classroom
- please arrive before 3:00pm
- come into the vestibule (please remember to wear your mask) and buzz the office
- a staff member will greet you with the sign out clipboard while another staff member is retrieving your child(ren)
- this process must be done in person, please do not call ahead to have your child pulled from class
Reporting an Absence:
If your child is not coming to school, please email your child's teacher(s) by the beginning of the school day.
Please note: If your child has come down with a communicable disease (ie: strep, pink eye) please notify the firstname.lastname@example.org immediately so that a notice can be sent out to your child's class.
For the safety of all of our students at HIH, all medications, no matter how small, will be kept in the HIH Nurse's Station in their original container. Click here to print off the Drop of Medication Form that NEEDS to be filled out and turned in at the same time.
We cannot administer any medication without this completed paperwork. Thank you!
TADS Family Information
So that we can create an accurate '20-'21 HIH School Directory, please email email@example.com if there have been changes to any of the information you originally keyed in to your TADS account such as:
Please also email firstname.lastname@example.org if:
- phone numbers
- home address
- you would like your personal information to not be included in our school directory
- you would like to add an additional email to either the e-blasts or SNAPs,
Hand In Hand Elementary and CREO students will still be having chapel each month - via zoom! Watch for a zoom link in next week's SNAP so you can join us virtually for chapel this year. Below are the times and dates of our chapels this year along with which class will be leading chapel.
8:50am to 9:20am
September 30: Kappa 2
October 28: Kappa 1 E
November 18: Lambda 1 E
December 16: All
January 27: Zeta 2
February 24: Kappa 1 W
March 17: Lambda 2
April 28: Zeta 1
May 26: Lambda 1 W
Rice and LarpenTOUR EVENT IN OUR NEW NEIGHBORHOOD
Next Saturday 9/26 ~ 3:00pm to 7:00pm
Hand In Hand is one of the stops in this event and we’d love to have you, our HIH community, involved. It’s an opportunity to represent Hand In Hand, explore the neighborhood, meet residents and local businesses, and try a variety of cuisine. If you'd like to attend, register here. If you'd like to volunteer, please contact Dayna Taylor at email@example.com.
HIH Extracurricular Opportunities
Fusion Dance Academy:
We are so excited to share with you our newest opportunity through Fusion Dance Academy!
This fall we are offering online dance classes, which opens the doors for students to participate from anywhere, whether in the Twin Cities or even many states away!
We are offering both ballet and tap classes, ages 3 through adult, including an inter-generational beginning tap class for ages 5 through adult!
Click Here for more information.
It's not too late to register - email us for more info, to register this week, or if you have any other questions.
Please help us spread the word to anyone you know in your community, church, family, and friends who may be interested or have children who may be interested.
We are looking forward to another year of growth, fun, and sharing together!
Karene and Mikki
HIH welcomes back Mr. Peter Sterling and his employees who have combined two of his and our favorite things: Jesus + Karate = AMAZING!
- Wednesdays 3:30pm – 4:15pm in the HIH Cafeteria
- participants will wait with their teachers in the pick-up line until a Sterling Karate staff member arrives
- Click Here for more information on how to register and any other questions you have regarding Karate
Classes begin Wednesday 9/23
After School Pick Up Procedures
Thanks for all your cooperation as we learn the new routines of after school pick-up at our new building. Thank you for having your green family number card in the window - that has helped us move things along so well!
If picking up elementary students:
If picking up Children's House students:
- have your green family number card in the passenger window
- pull as far forward as possible - as far as the light pole!
- we are only loading students between the tall sign outside the elementary entrance and the light pole - please do not open your door until you enter the loading zone. Your children will be waiting for your children there.
- keep pulling forward as teachers direct you
- stay in your vehicle - teachers can help your child/ren get in the vehicle if they need assistance
- if you have a child in Children's House, pull around the corner after you have picked up your elementary child and enter the CH line
If picking up CREO students:
- If you only have children in Children's House, you can bypass the Elementary line and go directly into the Children's House pick-up line.
- have your green family number card in the passenger window
- Keep pulling forward as the teachers direct you
- Stay in your vehicle- teachers can help your child/ren get in the vehicle if they need assistance
- You may pick them up in the elementary pick- up line OR
- You may park in the east lot and have your CREO student come to your parked car
- There is no longer curbside pick-up outside of the CREO entrance
Please give a green family number card to anyone who is picking up your child. If you aren't able to give them the number ahead of time, please call the office to let them know who is picking up your child. They will then be asked to show their driver's license in the pick-up line.
Since we do not have after school care this year, thank you in advance for having your children picked up by 3:30 so our teachers can get back to their classrooms to prepare for the next school day.
Fan Wear Fridays
An alternative to the standard uniform on Friday, is a variation of the uniform, something we like to call…. FAN WEAR FRIDAY!
This is a chance to show your school spirit, showcase your memories and t-shirts of Hand In Hand events from the past, and have a more relaxed feel on Fridays.
What is acceptable to wear you might ask?
- Bottoms: blue jeans, blue sweatpants, regular navy or khaki pants, skorts, shorts or skirts.
- Tops: any t-shirt that was used in a past HIH event, tournament, sports team, the HIH polar fleece top, HIH fan-wear shirts, or HIH monogrammed sweaters OR your regular uniform shirts—any shirt with a collar in yellow, white or navy.
What is NOT acceptable to wear you might ask?
- Bottoms: that are not either blue or khaki. Ie: pink sweatpants, red leggings, or green pants.
- Tops: sweatshirt or top that does NOT have the HIH logo or printing that shows it is from HIH. Ie: a GAP sweatshirt, or an Old Navy T-shirt, etc.
Of course, you are always welcome to just wear your standard uniform if you prefer.
Watch for upcoming information on how to order HIH apparel from The Designer Stitch in the next Weekly S.N.A.P.
If you have any questions, please feel free to ask Miss Sue, Roseville Campus Director, or your teacher and they will help you know what a good Fan-Wear Friday choice might be!